Monday, July 14, 2008

Ewan's first camping trip!






This last weekend we went on our first camping trip of the summer! Before we left on our trip we looked down and noticed we all had our flip flops on! I guess the longer you live with people the more you start thinking alike. This was Ewan's first camping trip he did fabulous, we were scared that he would not sleep but he surprised us. The first night he woke up a couple of times for a brief minute but the second night he slept through the whole night!
We went with some of our good friends Tyler and Lacey Knotts and their two kids Ellie and Avery. We got there Friday night and then Saturday we rented a boat and hung out on Boyd Lake all day. The kids did great and the adults had some fun as well. I tried to water ski and after make a huge fool out of myself tried knee boarding instead. I LOVED it! I had such a good time. Lacey of course was a pro at it and tried a 360 she came so close and then last minute let go of the rope. Leif tried both and got up on both the water ski's and knee board, he agreed with me knee boarding is our thing. Zana tried as well and got a little freaked out by the speed of the boat. Tyler had some amazing boat driving skills!
The little ones had fun swimming, Ewan and Avery both had a hard time staying awake on the boat. You would have thought one of us would have been smart and would have brought a camera along to document our fun but nope! We all forgot our camera's, I was so sad. :(
The kids al had a great time climbing tree's, playing in dirt and making smores. We are blessed to have great friends to share these fun times with!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cute family! I'm so glad you have a blog. Now we can spy on eachother, since we suck at staying in touch!I like your weightloss blog too!

The Ashcroft's said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I am jealous you guys got out on the lake. We are anxious to get into the mountains ourselves. I love the shot of your flip flops, cute!