Wednesday, December 3, 2008

'Tis the Season

Wow the Christmas season is full swing! Last night we had an amazing enrichment and it made me think a little about this holiday season. We are so lucky to live where we live but take SO much granite, I am so thankful we have a house, a job, and I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with my kids. We may not have the best of the best but we have a lot I am grateful for that! I am grateful for the gospel and for the friends I have because of it. Most of all I am thankful for my Savior and I hope that this Christmas I can try to teach my kids the importance of Christmas is not what and how much we get but how much we can give and to remember our Savior and celebrate his birth! I hope as we all get ready for this Christmas holiday we remember to give and remember to be thankful for we have, family friends and for our Savior Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

The Ashcroft's said...

Thanks for sharing. It is always good to be reminded of the things we have and to be thankful for them. I too am trying to make this holiday be a bit more about the True Meaning, and a bit less about the getting, wish me luck?

Jen H. said...

Hey Jacove,
Thanks for checking out our blog and leaving comments. It has been fun to see what you guys are up to. We would love to spend Christmas in Utah but plane tickets are way too expensive and a 20 hour drive in the middle of winter doesn't exactly sound fun. We're hoping to get to Utah this summer sometime. What about you guys - will you be at your house or your parents'?